How Do I Change My Oil?
If you’re driving one of the new Jaguar models around Beverly Hills, then you know that routine oil changes are vital for the longevity of your vehicle. Jaguar vehicles require manufacturer-approved synthetic blends, but some DIY Los Angeles drivers are willing to get their hands dirty to perform their own oil change. Learn more at Jaguar Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA.
How to Do an Oil Change on Your Jaguar
- Get the right kind of oil. – Jaguar produces finely-tuned machines that require premium fluids, including designated and manufacturer-approved synthetic blends. Make sure you have the right oil for your make, model, year, and engine type.
- Gather your supplies. – In order to perform an oil change, you’ll need a box end or socket wrench, an oil filter wrench, an oil pan, gloves, a funnel, a car jack and jack stands, a new oil filter, and a replacement drain plug washer.
- Let the car sit for a few minutes. – Wait until the engine is warm but not hot.
- Drain the oil. – Find the drain plug and unscrew it with a wrench, making sure the oil pan is underneath it. Once it’s drained, use the new drain plug washer to close the plug.
- Change the oil filter. – Remove the old oil filter and insert the new oil filter.
- Add new oil. – Pop the hood and put new oil into the oil tank, making double sure you have the right oil before starting. Let it sit for a minute and then use the dipstick to make sure the oil level is at “full”.
- Good to go! – Close the hood and start up the engine. You’re ready to go to your favorite tennis court or brunch spot!
Where Can I Get an Oil Change Near Me?
Although we’ve just given you the basics to an oil change, you may not feel comfortable changing the oil on your Jaguar yourself. So, you’ll want to rely on the experts at Jaguar Los Angeles. There are many reasons that luxury car drivers in Los Angeles choose to service their car at Jaguar Los Angeles. If you would rather leave it to our certified technicians than perform your own oil change, then schedule service online or contact us for further oil change questions.
Related Posts from Jaguar Los Angeles
If you’re searching around for a spacious Jaguar electric SUV, you won’t be disappointed with what the 2023 Jaguar I-PACE has to offer to your Beverly Hills drives. This luxury ride offers the space needed to comfortably enjoy the ride. Learn more about the Jaguar I-PACE interior and exterior dimensions with this guide from Jaguar Los Angeles. We…
When it comes to the 2022 Jaguar F-TYPE engine options, this head-turning vehicle only features a strong V8 engine, which means saying goodbye to the previous four-cylinder and six-cylinder engine options. The F-TYPE is known and praised for being a high-performance vehicle, and we have all of the details about the Jaguar F-TYPE engine…
The exciting 2022 Jaguar F-TYPE R goes from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds, making it a top choice for the Beverly Hills-area’s performance enthusiasts. Once you hit the Los Angeles roads for a test drive, you won’t want to drive any other sports car. Learn about the thrilling new Jaguar F-TYPE specs for each powertrain below,…